Supervisor & Slinger
Type: Part-Time & Permanent
Experience: Supervisor & Slinger: 2 years (Preferred)
We are currently recruiting for Slinger/Signaller for a structures project based across the UK.
As the Slinger/Signaller, you will be responsible for:
- Attaching and detaching the load to and from the crane load-lifting attachments.
- Being aware of issues that have arisen with cranes, such as the causes of instability and factors that normally come under the control of the crane operator.
- Relay any concerns about the lift plan to the crane supervisor or appointed person if they are present. If the lift plan needs amending before or during the lifting operation
- Carry out checks on all relevant accessories for damage before lifting operation begins.
- Be able to select correct lifting accessories and other equipment for the lifting operation taking place
- Ensure the lifting equipment is always stored correctly ( i.e. A frame, tackle store)
- Chain Slings are lubricated regularly
To be successful, the Slinger/Signaller must have:
- Blue CPCS professionally qualified person
- Knowledge of civils construction practices, lifting plant and equipment
- Working knowledge of requirements of legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice that relate to all types of lifting duties including basic, standard and complex, typically BS7121: Code of Practice for Safe Use of Cranes
- Knowledge of maintenance, inspection, thorough examination and testing requirements for lifting equipment and accessories.
- Understanding of relevant information relating to different types of lifting accessories, i.e. markings, certificates, and thorough examination reports, etc.
- Able to work both autonomously and as part of different teams
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com